WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Welcome

My personal journal blog is a little bit of this and a little bit of that which I love to share with you all here- trough pictures, summaries, articles and videos.

Don't hesitate to leave comment, follow my blog or grab my blog button and when you do, let me know so I can return back your favor.

It is awesome to connect with anyone in any part of the world so sit back and I hope you enjoy your stay here and come back again for more.

Thank You

Welcome to Mignonesia

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sandhy Sondoro- The newborn world singer

When the first time I hear his voice, I was melted! I was like, OMG! who is this guy??!!!
BUT I am not the only one who surprise with his soulful voice.
Should you hear his voice without knowing anything about him, you might even guess that he is an African-American singer because the way he sings is so "black".
That he is Indonesian surprises many who hear his voice first.
This nice person with a great sense of humor-so they said, is a 36-year-old Sandy Sondoro.
He made remarkable achievements in music by winning the New Wave 2009- an international music competition for young singers, in Jurmala, Latvia, putting Indonesia on the international stage.
Sandhy who adored The Beatles, Michael Jackson and Neil Young began his career unexpectedly and unplanned.
He went to Germany to study architecture after he graduated from high school in Jakarta.
He was a singer in a uni band but rarely appeared on stage so in order to support himself, he borrowed his friend's guitar and join a busker singing on the streets. Later on, he write more songs and play some shows with his band in Berlin for many years until he took part in a talent show that was aired on Germany TV and his participation there opened up the way for further opportunities in a number of shows such as House of World Cultures in Berlin.
His first single "Shine" was soon in the radio charts in major European cities such as Berlin, Madrid and Paris.  and in 2008 he release his first debut album, " Why don't we".

"I'm not really the kind of person who is crazy about participating in American Idol-like contests, but I took the opportunity as a way of getting free promotion. Besides, I love Indonesia and I wanted to promote the country at the international level." he says.


J'adore his voice and like all peoples in Indo, we are so proud of you, Sandhy.
Please enjoy three of his songs I picked from his albums everybody!^^


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

You people are amazing! Thank you for your time visiting and reading my entries. Please don't leave my blog a secret, I'd love to hear what you think about this one too!✿◠‿◠
Ps: Anyone can post comments on my posts but starting this year 2013, any comment contains commercial product or services advertisement without my permission/agreement, will be deleted by me. Sorry! ✿>‿♥