WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Welcome

My personal journal blog is a little bit of this and a little bit of that which I love to share with you all here- trough pictures, summaries, articles and videos.

Don't hesitate to leave comment, follow my blog or grab my blog button and when you do, let me know so I can return back your favor.

It is awesome to connect with anyone in any part of the world so sit back and I hope you enjoy your stay here and come back again for more.

Thank You

Welcome to Mignonesia

Thursday, February 10, 2011

PINK!!! Happy Vallentine to you!



I miss posting for my fashion feed here. 

Since we're heading Valentine, lets talk about one of traditional color for the day, Pink!

Pink is one of my most fav color eva besides black !

I think that's quite explains why I enjoy making kids dress because I love to shop all those Pink color fabrics and make cute clothes out of it.

As for myself, I tend to use black most of the time for clothing than pink-I just always feel right when wearing black but still, my eyes love Pink color and the fashion tips says we should wear Pink when we want to present our self as a peaceful, calm person who is not threatening. YAY

Do you like watching Sex and City -oh I love this movie! and  how Carrie Bradshaw portrayed by Sarah Jessica Parker, looked gorgeous wearing all those clothes?

Here's the nice  floral pink dress she wore on the show that I fav,


I found the pic everywhere on the net, ring a bell?

A combination of Red and White, Pink is the sweetest side of red. While Red is hot passion, Pink is romantic and charming.

Do you know that the color Pink has been around on its proper form for less than 500 years?

Based on its etymology as informed in Wikipedia which I quote here, " The color pink is named after the flowers called pinks, flowering plants in the genus Dianthus. The name derives from the frilled edge of the flowers—the verb "to pink" dates from the 14th century and means "to decorate with a perforated or punched pattern" (possibly from German "pinken" = to peck).

As noted and referenced above, the word “pink” was first used as a noun to refer to the color we know today as pink in the late 17th century. The verb sense of the word “pink” continues to be used today in the name of the hand tool known as pinking shears.

But do you ever wonder why pink is seems always associated to femininity?

Well, I do and I did some investigations to answer the how and the why questions that been hanging on my head and I love to share what I found with you all here.  

As a watered down Red- which was the more masculine and decided color, Pink was a masculine hue in early part of the 20th century and Blue was thought to be dainty, because it was more delicate and was associated with Virgin Marry therefor Blue was considered suitable for girls.

But, the society inverted in 1940s when the NAZIs in their concentration camps use a pink triangle to identify homosexuals and it suggests that it by the 1930s was a color that in Germany had become associated with girls. It seems NAZI Germany has something to do with associating Pink with femininity. Ha.
So it was not until the WWII, that the color was reversed : Pink was used for girls and blue for boys

Based on information I found on Time website, A recent Studies about color-selection experiment conducted by neuroscientists; Anya Hulbert and Yazhu Ling at Newcastle University found that woman may be biologically programmed to prefer color Pink -or, at least, redder shades of blue — more than men, complete explanation available here


What about Pink in Fashion?

The color Pink was introduce to the world of western fashion in 1937 by the the greatest rivals of Coco Chanel  Elsa Schiaperelli with her iconic Lobster Dress, Shoe-Hat, Gold embroidered star burst on a shocking Pink Cape as shown here that have made shocking pink her signature color- today the color is more well-known as "magenta".

Pink is s one of the high five color in the fashion world on the present day state that pink attire makes the person younger than their actual age. There is no longer anything ultra-feminine about wearing pink and designers tried to persuades you when Men's fashion having a pink moment in 2008.

The pic below credit to Andres Rodriguez (Vogue.com)
.

Bottega Veneta (Style.com)

Talk about real man wear pink hein:)

Pink go well with tans, navy, gray and some other hues of blue.

Pink hue is somewhat between Red and Magenta as most variation of pink lie between red, white and magenta color.

As we all know, the pink ribbon is an internationally recognized as symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer but do you know  the Chinese word for pink translates as "foreign color" as the Chinese had not recognized the color pink until they had contact with western Culture, hahah how about that?!

There's more about Pink but how about your Valentine? I wont celebrate it as I work on Valentine and my Romeo is somewhere on this planet, Bo Hoo.

So to all of you who celebrate Valentine this year, I just wanna say, HAPPY VALENTINE!

aaaand stay tune for more fashion feed at Mignonesia, I am off for chocolate and Ice cream! wohooo.

Here my source lists!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink:
http://www.schiaparelli.com/intro.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsa_Schiaparelli
http://italophiles.com/schiaparelli.htm
http://www.look.co.uk
http://www.about.com
http://www.time.com
http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/ 
http://www.style.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

You people are amazing! Thank you for your time visiting and reading my entries. Please don't leave my blog a secret, I'd love to hear what you think about this one too!✿◠‿◠
Ps: Anyone can post comments on my posts but starting this year 2013, any comment contains commercial product or services advertisement without my permission/agreement, will be deleted by me. Sorry! ✿>‿♥