WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Welcome

My personal journal blog is a little bit of this and a little bit of that which I love to share with you all here- trough pictures, summaries, articles and videos.

Don't hesitate to leave comment, follow my blog or grab my blog button and when you do, let me know so I can return back your favor.

It is awesome to connect with anyone in any part of the world so sit back and I hope you enjoy your stay here and come back again for more.

Thank You

Welcome to Mignonesia

Monday, July 12, 2010

Degung Sunda



Degung is unique type of gamelan. Degung developed in 19th century in small courts of  Bupati [Regents] who were Indonesian Rulers under the Dutch and it has become increasingly widespread among the general populace since Independence in 1945.

                                
Nowadays it is often played at wedding receptions, or as background music.
The middle class consider it more 'up-market' because of its former aristocratic connections. At the same times, It has also become the vehicle for a certain type of Sundanese popular music.
Please Enjoy.:)


*Image is curtessy of  Sekar Enggal,
Gamelan degung Puspa Nugraha 1992 . Photo by Willy Robinson

2 comments:

  1. I have never listen to Dengung Sunda. Harus ke Bandung dan dengar..In school, I am the advisor teacher for the school's Gamelan team. My students can play Gamelan very well but not me!. Next week there will be a Gamelan workshop and we are going to learn Gamelan Jawa and Gamelan Bali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gud to hear that you all will have Gamelan workshop at your school and planning to learn gamelan. I want the full report lol! Hahah
    I learn a little bit of gamelan sunda when I was in elementary school. I remember it was fun but I completly forgot how to play those instruments now hihihi but am sure I still know how to play Gong, coz that the easy one!:-D If u want to learn traditional instrument in Bandung , I sugest you to visit Saung Mang Udjo, many tourist visit this place and here they can learn angklung. ^^
    I have to post it here later next time.:-)
    Gud luck and have fun learning gamelan Jawa and Bali to you all there from us here in Indo.;-)

    ReplyDelete

You people are amazing! Thank you for your time visiting and reading my entries. Please don't leave my blog a secret, I'd love to hear what you think about this one too!✿◠‿◠
Ps: Anyone can post comments on my posts but starting this year 2013, any comment contains commercial product or services advertisement without my permission/agreement, will be deleted by me. Sorry! ✿>‿♥